Sunday 8 June 2014

Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

I don't normally blog about general life, preferring to share a specific experience or event that particularly stood out for me. However this weekend was one of those perfect ones where you get to Monday morning, look back, and feel that the past two days have been characterised by exuberant happiness and being surrounded by all of your favourite people. 
Ironically the title of this post is also that of a film I had to study this year....I never thought I would actually want to write anything about it again! But having FINALLY finished all five of my uni exams on Friday, I decided to make the most of the two day break over the weekend, before starting work experience on Monday morning. A two-day removal from reality if you like.

Here's a few snaps from the weekend (via Instagram)


Afternoon tea with Alice at Betty's Tea Rooms, York (see my previous post).


Having the BEST gourmet burger of my life at the final event of the year - High Rise summer party at Beaverworks in Leeds. Beef, halloumi, caramelised onion chutney and a patty all for £4.95. Thanks Hot Box Burgers.


Doing a Saturday night in style and enjoying a beautiful Pinot Noir at Brasserie Blanc, Raymond Blanc's bustling French style Bistro that overlooks the canals in Leeds- the company was even better than the wine. I had classic duck breast served with a marmalade jus followed by a melt in the middle chocolate fondant. Food to die for, seriously.


Continuing the European feel with coffees and pastries on Sunday morning in the sunny confines of La Bottega Milanese, an Italian espresso bar in The Light, Leeds. Try the Guest espresso which operates on a three week rotation.  

 
Catching up with the latest global adventures in the sun as showcased by Traveler- satiating my wanderlust and getting ridiculously excited for summer. A really beautiful and free spirited letter from the Editor in this month's issue. 

It might look like all I've done is eat this weekend...and whilst that's partly true, I don't think I would have the storage space on my phone to document all the in between dancing, laughing and just generally having a great time!

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend.

Claire x








No comments:

Post a Comment